KOMO was owned by the Fisher Flouring Mill, and the transmitter was in the mill building at the entrance to the Duwamish Waterway. The buildings, dating from 1911, are still a prominent landmark near Harbor Island. KOMO's Western Electric transmitter was in the brick administration building, center right. The antenna was suspended from two wooden poles adjoining the building. The tower seen at the top left in this early 1930s photo belonged to KOL.