The photo on the left shows Don Lee Cadillac Building on Van Ness Avenue in San Francisco, as it appeared after its construction in 1912. The structure was designed by Charles Peter Weeks and William P. Day, who were also the architects for the Mark Hopkins Hotel, Huntington Hotel, the Sir Francis Drake Hotel and other famous San Francisco icons.
The center photo shows the building during the 1940s, with KFRC's antenna on the roof. The KFRC studios and offices were located on the mezzanine floor of this building from the 1920s through the 1940s.
The building, now a national historic landmark, was
recently remodelled, and now holds a 14 screen theatre multiplex and
condominium lofts. As the 2006 photo at right shows, it still retains its
original historic fašade.