In February of 1937, KJBS built a new radio studio at 1470 Pine Street, adjacent to its co-owned Williard Battery Shop (above, right). This was also the home to co-owned KQW until that station moved to the Palace Hotel in the early 1940s.
The building had three studios and audio room, two control booths plus a master control room. The transmitter was located on the premises, and a 250 foot self-supporting tower was built at the edge of the sidewalk, with the entrance to the station accessed by walking between the tower legs. The top 100 feet of tower were lit with red neon lights, visible for miles.
The station continued to operate from this Pine Street location through the 1970's, when the station was known as KFAX.