KSAN's Tower at Merchandise Mart

 Tower Image

Sherwood Patterson bought KGGC from the Golden Gate Church in 1939. He moved the studios to the Western Merchandise Mart building near Market Street, and built this tower on the roof of the building. The tower was used for decades by the station, which later became KSOL and then KEST. The radiation performance of the antenna was poor, however, due to its short length and height above the ground. 


Copyright 2014
John F. Schneider & Associates, LLC