Doc Herrold and Ray Newby

 Herrold and Newby Image

Charles D. "Doc" Herrold (right) and his student Ray Newby (left) are shown operating a small spark transmitter at the Herrold College of Engineering and Wireless in San Jose, 1909. The voice radio station they started here eventually became first KQW and then KCBS. 




www.theradiohistorian.org

Copyright 2014
John F. Schneider & Associates, LLC